mandag den 1. maj 2017

New May challenge at SanDee&amlelie's Steampunk

There are so many who make great notebooks so I had to try too ... I was very inspired by Jenny Marples, Eileen Hull and Nik the Booksmith on YouTube to name a few of the many who make notebooks that are amazing.


Here is the front page.


And here's the back.


There is only one signature, but with 44 pages I can write, draw and paste photos and more on.


All sides are coffee stained and dried in the oven. I have distressed all the edges with ink.


I have used: DecoArt Media White, black gesso and modeling paste.
DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Translucent White, Yellow Green Light, Quinacridone Violet, Cadmium Orange Hue and Quinacridone Gold.
Andy Skinner Stencil 03, 08 and 107, Andy Skinner Stamp Industrial


On the inside, I have used my brayer to distribute the acrylic colors and used the industrial stamp to give the old look.


With my sewing machine I made big and small pockets, so tags and photos can be saved.


I kept finding different things I could put into the notebook, but I had to stop. I really enjoyed playing with this book.




All the other things I've used are from my stash




I hope you will join in on the challenge

Thank you for your visit and I wish you a crafty day.
Hugs, Susan

3 kommentarer:

  1. Susan, what a fabulous notebook! Love the steampunk style, but then you make every piece of it look old and weathered. Love all your attention to the details! hugs,Maura

    SvarSlet
  2. Oh my gosh Susan! This is THE coolest and most inspiring book project! I LOOOOOOOOVE your tea stained pages and gorgeous mixed media cover. What an awesome journal, the ribbon binding goes so beautifully! Hugs, Autumn PS. Happy National Scrapbook Day!

    SvarSlet
  3. I just love the texture!

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...